Sunday, April 25, 2010

Additional briefing in Costco fuel class action

On April 1, I participated in the fairness hearing in the Costco fuel class action in Kansas City, KS, before Chief Judge Kathryn Vratil. Plaintiffs made new arguments in support of the settlement at that time, and, today (because the Center works for its clients seven days a week), we filed this supplemental response addressing the Daubert implications of the plaintiffs' economic expert testimony and the plaintiffs' claim that the settlement's proposed injunctive relief provided benefits to the class because the proposed pricing structure was more "fair."

But I'm going to lose sleep over the typo I missed. Free cup of McDonald's coffee to the first commenter who catches it (to be provided at such mutually agreed-upon time when commenter and I happen to be in the same geographic area).

5 comments:

  1. At the bottom of page 3, "plaintiff's" should be "plaintiffs'."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, two typos, and Hilary got one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, well, maybe there are two more on page 6. First, Petrina is paying for "his" gasoline, although Petrina is almost universally a girl's name (in this respect, I may be in a kettle/pot situation). Then there's the clause that reads, "... without it becoming a federal case." In this clause "it" should be "it's." Then there's the split infinitive at the top of page 7. How many cups am I up to now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pronoun mishap (left over from an earlier draft of the brief) was the one I was thinking of. I deny that the other two are errors, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two and a half cups, then. When I can collect?

    ReplyDelete